Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No Witicism To Be Found

I hear your thunderous applause. Though you are miles away, your elation reaches me even here. You're shocked. I know it's hard to believe. I'm shocked my-own-self. Employment? Get the fuck outa here. Aaaaaaah well. It was a good run while it lasted. We'll always have the good times. Remember the time I sat at home all day playing World of Warcraft? Or the time I sat at home all day and watched TV? Oh! Or the time I stayed up all night playing World of Warcraft then took a nap on the couch in front of the TV? Where did the time go?

If you haven't heard yet I'm at The Perky Piranha, a tiny coffee shop attached to the Marriott Hotel across the street from the IMAX. It's no Stone Cup but it sure as shit ain't no CyberLAN neither. And thank the great Java Demon for that! The tips are decent, the pay is good, and I'm not going to fuss too much over the hours. The benefits are pretty hot too. Cheap hotel rooms? Hell yeah! Free coffee? Yes please. My coworkers are pretty cool, so I think I'll be getting on just dandy there.

I think the best part is that it gets me out of the house before the rest of the planet begins to stir. Waking up in the dark and seeing the day begin beats the shit out of waking up with the sun in your face and the day half over. And it seems that since the freaks come out at night, of course, they come to my place of work to perk up in the morning. I've met some "interesting" characters this week and those are just the hotel employees.

This will prove interesting...I have that feeling.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my swanky, overpriced faux-luxury hotel's coffee shop is better than your swanky, overpriced fauz-luxury hotel's coffee shop, Bitch!

-Rhys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home