Monday, October 30, 2006

Terribly Horrifying Freedom

"This message is being sent to confirm that all credit card information has been removed from the World of Warcraft account *******, effectively canceling its recurring subscription as of October 27, 2006 6:57 PM UTC. The account will not bill or renew any further unless new payment information (credit card or game card) is manually entered in."

It was a great two years but it's time to get back into things that actually matter. I made some good friends and I intend to be in touch with them as much as possible. (I shit you not when I say that I got two phone calls from people, one of whom I never gave my number, asking me not to quit.) Holy hell...another one is calling me now. The irony.

What it really came down to was the realization that, somehow, the relationships I had formed through a game had come to overshadow those of my "flesh and blood" friends. Perhaps it was easier when Rhys was living just down the hall, but when the call came for a Wednesday evening beer came, I went. Somehow the desire to excel at something that ultimately doesn't matter, something with no tangible final product, created a situation where our schedules didn't match up. That's just dumb.

Now it's time to get some shit done. Call it unassailable optimism or going 'round the bend, but I still feel as though I've come out ahead somehow. I now have Reason, Logic Express, and Ableton Live on my computer. I plan on dabbling in music again. Chances are that I won't get as involved with it as 3 years ago, but it's fun just to fiddle around sometimes (pun only slightly intended).

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend, you need a MONTAGE!
-rhys

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Lilyiris said...

I typed you this whole thing and then it made me go back and login and fuck it! I said you should visit and I went on and on about South Park and the funny world or warcraft episode.... I am too disencahnted to type it all again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home